Public Policy and Human Development is a master program in English at Maastricht University.
This Master of Science (MSc) in Public Policy and Human Development emphasises the connection between public policy and decision-making processes, or more specifically, the effectiveness and efficiency of governance. Students are equipped with a variety of skills, tools and knowledge which enable them to work as policy designers and policy analysts. They are capable of working within public and private institutions at local, national and international levels.
Public policy issues are growing in complexity and there’s an increasing interconnectedness between local, national and international levels of decision making and implementation. This can be seen in current public policy concerns such as:
- the impact of immigration policies
- healthcare access for children in developing countries
- mitigation of the effects of global warming
- the conflict of China's economic growth and its sustainable development
- the watchdog role of the media
Location: Maastricht, the Netherlands
Duration: 1 year
Specializations:Innovations, Institutions and Development, Social Protection Policy Design and Financing, Migration Studies, Regional Integration and Multi-Level Governance, Risk and Vulnerability, Trade and Development
Main Subjects:Introduction to Public Policy, Public Economics, Public Policy Analysis
Possible careers: national, regional and local governments, ministries, pension funds, market authorities, NGOs, as well as in international organisations and consultancies
- Bachelor’s degree from a relevant academic field (high quality of performance in previous education)
- Legalized translation of the bachelor diploma (if not in English)
- Motivation Letter
- 400-word digital essay (in MS Word) on the topic that matches the specialization you would like to follow
- IELTS with minimum 6.5, or TOEFL with minimum 90 or CAE or CPE
- Two letters of reference, from current or former professors and/or employers
For more information click HERE.