Art, Literature and Society is master program in English at Maastricht University. It addresses contemporary debates in literature, art, religion, philosophy, and culture. The direction you take depends on your prior studies and your passions. The critique of nationalism in recent German literature? The humanities in academia? Architecture and politics? Fascism and modernism? Darwinian aesthetics? Are we our brain? The role of art in the future of democracy? The key term here is interdisciplinarity: you learn to approach debates not as a philosopher, a political scientist or columnist, a journalist, or as a historian, but rather from a broad spectrum of viewpoints in a programme that remains unique in the Netherlands.
Graduates of this programme will have gained:
- Broad insight into topical issues of national and international importance
- Experience engaging in impassioned debates and tackle a range of contemporary controversies
- The ability to infuse their academic practice with an element of personality
Location: Maastricht, the Netherlands
Duration: 1 year
Main Subjects:Make it new! Problems of cultural (re)production; Art Worlds. Exploring current practices and debates in art and literature; Remembrance and performativity as cultural practices
Possible careers: inthe media, museums like art or religious museums, literary and cultural festivals/radio programmes, specialised journals, publishers
- Bachelor’s degree from a relevant academic field (high quality of performance in previous education)
- Legalized translation of the bachelor diploma (if not in English)
- Motivation Letter
- IELTS with minimum 6.5, or TOEFL with minimum 90 or CAE or CPE
For more information please click HERE.