Radboud University offers a multidisciplinary program Molecular Life Sciences. Working in the field of chemistry, biology and medical sciences you will not only find the basic principles of molecules and cells, but also their role in health and disease. This combination of scientific topics limited to the medical implications and solutions is unique in the Netherlands.
Master's program Molecular Life Science is closely related to chemistry and biomedical. You can choose specializations in Chemistry or Medical Biology.
Chemistry for Life: You will learn how to use organic chemistry to understand life at the molecular level and how to interact with it.
If you choose this specialization you can research in the following fields:
- Delivery of drugs by nanocapsules;
- Develop hydrogels for wound healing;
- Design of new responsive, biocompatible materials;
- Solving the structure and function of proteins.
Functional Genomics: This specialization focuses on the functional, molecular and genetic aspects of development and differentiation, StemCell biology and disease. Specialization is closely linked to Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences (NCMLS). Research groups involved in NCMLS are housed in huge research tower equipped with the necessary research facilities, allowing students of medical biology to carry out basic and preclinical research with maximum efficiency.
Clinical Biology: Clinical biology is closely related to medical biology. This specialization has its main focus on clinical problems at the molecular and cellular level and extends to research in clinical research of the University Medical Nijmegen University (UMCN).
Keywords are: pathology, anatomy, molecular oncology and gradual, human genetics, metabolism, transport, mobility.
Neuroscience / Neurobiology: Students approach neurobiological research questions from either a human physiology, molecular, neurophysics or neuroinformatics point of view by directly studying human subjects or through application of cell and animal models and a wide variety of fundamental, quantitative and medical research tools.
Students will specialize during their internship, together with researchers from the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour. The Institute is the largest inter-faculty Institute Radboud University and covers the full range of research "from molecule to man" and trying to understand the mind and the brain: 100000000000 neurons with 100,000 km relations between them, with a storage capacity exceeding that of supercomputer. The internship has strong multidisciplinary character- students from different fields work together with biologists, chemists, physicists, doctors and social scientists at the Institute Donders.
Location: Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Duration: 2 years
Start month: September
Specializations: Chemistry for life, Functional Genomics, Clinical Biology, Neuroscience / Neurobiology
Possible careers: Ability to work as a researcher or manager in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Copy of ID card;
- Completed Bachelor's program in Molecular Life Sciences or in related fields (in the original and translated into English); This degree must have sufficient multidisciplinary base in chemistry and biology, physics and mathematics;
- Description Of courses
- Experience in research methodology;
- Brief description of previous practical laboratory work;
- Motivation letter (future plans + what research you want to do);
- Website link (link to a website containing more information about the institute, the curriculum and the teachers in English (preferably), French or German)
- Proof of proficiency in English;
- IELTS certificate with a minimum of 6 points; TOEFL Internet version at least 80; TOEFL computer version 213; Cambridge Advanced rated "C"
For more information, please CLICK HERE.