Research Master in Social and Behavioral Studies is a master program in English at Tilburg University.
Are you an excellent student and interested in conducting scientific research in the social and behavioral sciences? Then this is the master program for you! The research master's program provides talented young researchers from all over the world with the tools they need to conduct fundamental scientific research in the field of social and behavioral sciences.
This research master in Social and Behavioral Sciences is unique in the Netherlands, offering an interdisciplinary approach by integrating the different perspectives offered by social psychology, sociology, organization sciences and methodology to the study of human social behavior.
During this two-year English-taught Master of Science program, you will follow state-of-the-art courses, led by the best researchers in the field. You will be involved hands-on in their research area, actively participating in innovative projects and internships.
Location: Tilburg, the Netherlands
Duration: 2 years
Minors: Social Psychology, Social Sciences, Methodology and Statistics
Possible careers: high-level research positions at universities and R&D departments of governmental institutes; companies involved in applied or fundamental research, such as Statistics Netherlands (CBS) and the Social and Cultural Planning Office (SCP); research institutes for assessment, consultancy, and marketing; and the top research institutes for basic and applied research in the Netherlands and abroad
• Bachelor's and/or a Master's degree in a relevant discipline, such as psychology, sociology, organizational sciences, human resource
• Average grade of 75% for courses in the last two years of the Bachelor's program (or an equivalent average grade in a Master's program
• Legalized translation of the bachelor or master degree (if not in English)
• Sufficient academic background in research methodology and statistics. Your background education should contain at least one introductory statistics course and courses that include multiple regression, analysis of variance, factor analysis and research methodology. Your background should be clear from the course descriptions and the statistics checklist which you must include in your application
• IELTS with minimum 7 or TOEFL with minimum 100 or CAE or CPE
• Motivation Letter
• Your Bachelor/Master thesis (if completed) OR a research paper which you wrote during your Bachelor/Master program
For more information, please CLICK HERE.