Sociology is a master program in English at Tilburg University.
This master in sociology is a program that focuses on the analysis of problems of social cohesion (e.g., crime, social contacts, solidarity). It does so comparing individuals and countries. The master program has a theoretical- empirical research focus. Social problems and issues are translated into sociological research questions and analyzed with the aid of theories and advanced research methods. Students will also learn how policy solutions can be derived from results of sociological analyses, and to evaluate policy.
Besides regular one year program, students have the following possibilities to follow this course:
• Extended master sociology. It consists of the regular program of the Master Sociology extended with a unique one-year traineeship position.
• Double degree in sociology and population studies by Tilburg University and University Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona
• Double degree program Tilburg and Trento. The program is joint with Tilburg University and Trento University
Location: Tilburg, the Netherlands
Duration: 1 year
Main Subjects: Social Policy and Social Risks, Social Capital: Networks Resources and Attitudes
Possible careers: general policy officer, secretary or board member for national, provincial, municipal or private institutes working on issues related to employment, welfare, culture, education, recreation or health care, adviser on organizational or personnel policy for the government, the education sector or the business sector, jobs in journalism and the media within the field of verbal and written communication, and jobs in the information sector, researcher for the government, the education sector or the business sector, teacher in secondary or tertiary education
• Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline
• Legalized translation of the diploma (if not in English)
• GMAT test with a score of at least 600
• TOEFL with minimum 90 score or IELTS with minimum 6.5 or CAE or CPE
• Motivation letter
For more information, please CLICK HERE.