Holland or, more correctly the Netherlands is a small country in the West of Europe. The more popular name of the country is Holland, but originally it is the Netherlands, which is the name of the 12 provinces in Europe and 3 Caribbean islands.
There are a lot of things for which Holland is famous for. One of them is the fact that 26% of the territory is below the sea level, for which the name the Netherlands stands for ("low lands"). The other fact is that the capital of Holland is Amsterdam, but the seat of the government is located in The Hague.
One of things, which make Holland unique, is its educational system. Holland is the second country (after Great Britain, where the native language is English) to offer such a big variety of international programs in English. We, UNIFY, selected the best educational bachelor and master programs in Holland.
Our best programs are situated in:
• Breda (NHTV University of Applied Sciences and Avans University of Applied Sciences). Breda is located in the south of Holland, in the province North Brabant. Breda is a student city, with a student population of about 30 000 residents and is famous for being the best downtown in Holland in the years 2009-2013, which means that it has the best bars, restaurants, cafes, festivals, shopping centers and the highest level of security.
• Venlo (Fontys University of Applied Sciences). Venlo has a very interesting location, right on the border between Holland and Germany, which is very strategic. It is part of the province Limburg and the population of the town is about 100 000 citizens. Venlo is proclaimed the best downtown of Holland for 2014.
• Eindhoven (Fontys University of Applied Sciences). Eindhoven is close to Breda and Venlo, and is also located in the South of Holland, in the province North Brabant. The city is famous for being the central point of all engineering and IT companies in Western Europe, for which is was chosen to be a "brainport" in 2011. This means, that the smartest people in world live and work there.
• Vlissingen (HZ University of Applied Sciences). Vlissingen is situated on the coast of North Sea, in the province of Zeeland. Vlissingen is small town with a population of about 45 000 residents. It is students and tourist town, famous for its beautiful surroundings and historical downtown.
• Enschede (Saxion University of Applied Sciences). Enschede is a town in the east of Netherlands, in the region of Twente. The city is a former center of the textile production, but in the recent years, the production moved to Asia, and what is left now is the program in Saxion University "Textile Engineering and Management".
• Deventer (Saxion University of Applied Sciences). Deventer is a town in the east of Holland too. Deventer is a small town with a population of about 100 000, but it is famous for its numerous monuments, squares, churches and museums.
• Apeldoorn (Saxion University of Applied Sciences). Apeldoorn is located in the "heart" of Holland, in the center province Gelderland. The city is famous for being a former royal residence and for its beautiful parks, market square and town hall.
- Tilburg (Tilburg University) is located in the province of North Brabaant, its population is about 200 000 citizens, and the student population is 25 000. Alongside with the popularity of Tilburg University in the country, the town is a popular tourist destination because of its opportunities for entertainment, beautiful city center and peaceful parks.
Nijmegen (Radboud University) is considered the oldest town in Netherlands with more than 2000 years of history behind its back and about 170 000 citizens nowadays. The town is situated close to the border with Germany and in the present is famous for its architectural landmarks, museums, attractive streets and squares, and is visited from both Dutch and foreign tourists.
- Maastricht (Maastricht University) is the second oldest town in Netherlands after Nijmegen, located in Limburg province with about 130 000 citizens. The town is famous with the fact that in 1992 there was signed a contract, which leaded to the formation of the European Union.
- Leeuwarden (Stenden University of Applied Sciences) is located in North Holland, in the province Friesland. The city has a population of about 100 000 citizens. Leeuwarden is chosen to be European Capital of Culture in 2018.
- Emmen (Stenden University of Applied Sciences) is a city in northeastern Holland with a population of above 110 000 citizens. The city is considered to be one of the best places for vacation and relax in Holland and that is one of the reason why it is important tourist center.